Are you ready to learn online?
Welcome to Digital Skills for Learning Online. Before you enrol in an online course, it is a good idea to know if your current learning skills will help you be a successful online learner. It is also important to find out any areas of opportunity you may have to become a successful online learner.
This survey is intended as a self-assessment tool, so how you choose to take this course is ultimately up to you!
Take the Orientation Readiness Assessment Survey by clicking on the button below to determine your readiness for online learning:
Select a Module Below to Begin your Journey
Information and Tips for Successful Course Navigation
- Chrome is the recommended browser for this course. Using other browsers may result in missing images and icons.
- Links may not open in a new tab/window. Please be mindful of this as you navigate through the course as you may need to use your web browser's back button from time to time.
- Not all UCalgary Continuing Education students receive ucalgary.ca email addresses/accounts, as not all courses require it.
- Not all UCalgary Continuing Education courses will include all the software and tools mentioned in this course.
- Handouts in this course are intended as a self-reflection tool and do not need to be submitted for grades, this is why the handouts are PDF documents.
- Quiz answers will not be provided, as 100% is required to obtain "Cheers".
- If you would like to save your "Cheers" accomplishments, be sure to take a screenshot of them once you obtain 100% on quizzes.
Click HERE for a list of references used on this page and in this course. For more references, please see the Summary & Quiz pages of each Module.
Digital Skills for Learning Online is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Designed and developed by: Marielena Nunez (Manager), Alicia Romero Lopez (Instructional Designer), Alexis Handford (Educational Technologist), and Andrew Kidd (Multimedia Developer) at UCalgary Continuing Education.