Hunter Hub Startup Fund
Participants will be given the opportunity to apply to the Hunter Hub Startup Fund, which provides $1,000 seed funding to refine their pitch. For eligibility, participants must attend all workshops in the program and expenses should directly align with pitch deck development (i.e., video development, branding, slide deck layout and graphics).
A virtual information session will be held on March 23 to share pertinent information relating to the program. A Q&A session will be opened to participants during the information session. Alessandra Amato, program coordinator, will respond to questions related to the program and application process. A recording of the session will be made available afterward.
Did we miss your question? Email us directly at email@example.com to let us know what you're curious about, and we'll get back to you with answers.
Don't forget to join our info session to learn more about the program.
The program is open to any University of Calgary researcher, student, staff, faculty, and/or alumni up to five years post-graduation undertaking a project with commercial viability and can provide evidence of product/technology market fit.
The applicant’s project must include a compelling plan for leveraging research/R&D to create a product and/or service (e.g., TRL 5+ considered or earlier-stage projects, minimum viable product (MVP), post-prototype).
- Applicants must be available to engage in all Ascent program activities, attend the in-person semifinals, and attend the UCalgary Ingenuity Competition if selected as a top eight finalist.
- Applicants (or at least one team member) must be a part-time or full-time founder, engaged or in the process of creating a company.
- Applicants (and team members) must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Applicants have not received more than $100,000 in external funding in the past (not including research grants).
- Applicants have not generated more than $100,000 in revenue.