UofC " This Is Now

Search Calendar:

Site Navigation
Important Notice and Disclaimer
Fee Payment Deadlines
Academic Schedule
Examinations Schedule
Undergraduate Degrees with a Major
Combined Degrees
Minor Programs
Student Services
Undergraduate Admissions
A.1 Classification of Students
A.2 "Admission Requirements" at the University of Calgary
A.3 Deadline Dates for Undergraduate Applications for Admission and Transcripts
A.4 Limitation of Enrolment
A.5 General Reservations on Admissions
A.6 Application for Admission
A.6.1 Application Fee
A.7 Transcript Regulations
A.8 Deadline Dates for Transcripts
A.9 Undergraduate Admission Requirements
A.10 Early Admission for Post Secondary Students
A.11 Required to Withdraw Students
A.12 Home Schooled Applicants
A.13 Aboriginal Admissions Policy
A.14 Aboriginal Student Access Program (ASAP)
A.15 Diverse Qualifications Admission Policy
A.16 Combined or Concurrent Degree Admissions
A.17 English Language Proficiency
A.18 Residence Requirements
A.19 Alternatives to Regular Course Credit
A.20 Admission Refusal
Academic Regulations
Tuition and General Fees
English for Academic Purposes Program
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Environmental Design
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Haskayne School of Business
Faculty of Kinesiology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Nursing
Qatar Faculty
Schulich School of Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Co-operative Education/Internship
Continuing Education
Undergraduate Awards and Financial Assistance
About the University of Calgary
Who's Who
Glossary of Terms
Contact Us
University of Calgary Calendar 2011-2012 Undergraduate Admissions A.6 Application for Admission
A.6 Application for Admission

An undergraduate Application for Admission must be completed by students who wish to be admitted to an undergraduate degree or diploma program. The University of Calgary participates with the Alberta Post-Secondary Application System. The Application for Admission is available online at http://www.ucalgary.ca/.

Students wishing to enter the Faculties of Environmental Design, Graduate Studies, Law, Medicine (MD), or Veterinary Medicine should contact the appropriate faculty office for application for admission forms.

Students wishing to register as Visiting, Exchange or Open Studies (degree or non-degree) students must complete the designated application/registration forms available from Enrolment Services or at http://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar under Forms for Students.

Students who have been suspended, expelled or required to withdraw from a faculty at the University of Calgary must reapply for admission to the University by the stated deadlines. Such applicants will not receive preference over new applicants. Students who have been required to withdraw should refer to the Required to Withdraw Students section for further information.

Students who have not attended the University of Calgary for two years or more (one year or more for the Schulich School of Engineering) or who are applying to the Bachelor of Education after degree program or who attended most recently as Visiting or Open Studies students or who have attended another institution since leaving the University of Calgary must submit a new Application for Admission. Students who have attended another institution since leaving the University must submit official transcripts of their record from such institutions. Official transcripts are those transcripts which are forwarded directly to the University from other educational institutions. Please note that when an application is completed through the Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS), students authorize the University of Calgary to request high school transcripts on their behalf from Alberta Education and other participating Alberta institutions, if attended.

It should also be noted that hard copy files of students who have not attended the University for five years will be destroyed (three years if a degree was obtained). At the time of seeking readmission to the University, it will be determined if new official transcripts need to be resubmitted from previously attended institutions.

Any student who applied for admission to the University, but never attended, must complete a new Application for Admission and submit official transcripts. All documents are destroyed after being held for a period of one year.

Incomplete applications or those submitted without the application fee will not be processed. Complete applications and/or the application fee must be submitted to the Recruitment and Admissions Office prior to the application deadline to be considered for admission for the term indicated. The University accepts no responsibility for denials of admission based on the failure of applicants to submit their applications and/or fees in a timely manner.

Prospective applicants should not wait until the results of test scores and/or final high school results are received before applying for admission.