To be considered for Open Studies, applicants must meet the following requirements:
A. Academic Requirements*:
- Present a minimum 65 per cent in English 30-1, or equivalent; OR
- Present a minimum 2.00 GPA in a transferrable post-secondary English course(s), OR
- Achieved a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA on the most recent 12 units from another post-secondary institution; OR
- Be a University of Calgary Alumnus.
B. Submit the following documents:
- Degree holders: must submit official transcript reflecting the credential awarded.
- Non-degree holders: must submit official transcripts from all high school and post-secondary institutions attended.
- University of Calgary Alumni are not required to provide transcripts, provided they have not attended any other post-secondary institutions.
- Provide proof of English Language Proficiency Requirements (if applicable, see A.11 English Language Proficiency).
C. Be in good standing.
The following limitations apply to Open Studies:
- Discontinued students from Open Studies at the University of Calgary may not register in Open Studies for a period of 12 months from the end of the term they last attended.
- Students who have been discontinued more than once from Open Studies are not eligible for readmission to Open Studies.
- Students who are currently under suspension or are required to withdraw from a University of Calgary Faculty or from another post-secondary institution must wait a minimum of 12 months before they can register in Open Studies.
- Students who are required to withdraw from the University of Calgary for unsatisfactory academic performance are not eligible to register under the Open Studies category.
- Student who have been expelled from a Faculty at the University of Calgary for academic or non-academic misconduct are not permitted to register in Open Studies until 24 months have passed since the end of the term in which they were last registered.
* When more than one admission option is presented, the most recent education is used for admission. Students who do not meet one of these requirements may be considered for Open Studies under the Diverse Qualifications Admissions Process (section A.9).