Colleen Packer, Manager
Students are encouraged to include an ‘international experience’ into their time at university. This may include Study Abroad in credit programs such as student exchange programs with partner universities; group study programs led by University of Calgary professors; term abroad programs; research projects; practica, internships and co-operative education abroad; independent study approved for a Letter of Permission. It may also include volunteering abroad or non-credit experience abroad.
The Study Abroad Office activities include:
- Study/work/volunteer abroad resource library
- Selection and administration for Student Exchange Programs and Group Study Programs
- Volunteer opportunities in CISSA and referral to other organizations in Canada and abroad
- Handbooks for study abroad students
- Workshops to prepare University of Calgary students going abroad and returning home: Risk and Safety; Academic Issues, Cultural Differences and Culture Shock, and Re-entry - Coming Home.
Location: MacEwan Student Centre, Room 275 (CISSA)