UofC " This Is Now

Search Calendar:

Site Navigation
Important Notice and Disclaimer
Fee Payment Deadlines
Academic Schedule
Examinations Schedule
Undergraduate Degrees with a Major
Combined Degrees
Minor Programs
Student Services
Undergraduate Admissions
Academic Regulations
Tuition and General Fees
English for Academic Purposes Program
Faculty of Arts
1. Summary of Degree Programs
2. Information for Undergraduate Students
3. Faculty Regulations
3.1 Admission
3.2 Registration and Courses
3.2.1 Accuracy of Registration
3.2.2 Registration Planning and Consultation
3.2.3 Course Load
3.2.4 Opportunities to Take Courses at Another Institution
3.2.5 Credit in Courses by Special Assessment
3.2.6 Course Classification
3.2.7 First-Year Registration
3.2.8 Prerequisites, Corequisites and Progression
3.2.9 Writing Competence
3.2.10 Course Enrolment Limitations
3.2.11 Cross-Listed Courses
3.2.12 Withdrawal from Courses
3.2.13 Repetition of Courses
3.2.14 Unauthorized Concentrations
3.2.15 Declaration of a Major
3.2.16 Duration of Study
3.2.17 Courses in the Domain of Science
3.2.18 Domain of Intercultural Courses
3.3 Student Standing and Academic Review
3.4 Graduation
4. Program Details
5. Administration
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Environmental Design
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Haskayne School of Business
Faculty of Kinesiology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Nursing
Qatar Faculty
Schulich School of Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Co-operative Education/Internship
Continuing Education
Undergraduate Awards and Financial Assistance
About the University of Calgary
Who's Who
Glossary of Terms
Contact Us
University of Calgary Calendar 2011-2012 Faculty of Arts 3. Faculty Regulations 3.2 Registration and Courses 3.2.4 Opportunities to Take Courses at Another Institution
3.2.4 Opportunities to Take Courses at Another Institution

Students may be authorized to take some course work at another university if registration as a visiting student is acceptable to that university. Students with poor academic performance, including thoseĀ on probation or having a large number of withdrawals, will not be allowed such privileges.

Students may apply online for such authorization by requesting a Letter of Permission through their online Student Centre and must provide full details of the proposed courses and the total hours of instruction (machine copies of actual calendar descriptions are preferred) to the Student Success Centre. The student will be advised officially, by letter, of the acceptability of the proposed courses for transfer credit and an appropriate letter will be sent to the Registrar of the other university. The Letter of Permission must be obtained before the student registers for the courses at the other institution.

Students should check with Arts Degree Advisors to make sure that such transfer credits advance their particular programs. It will be the responsibility of the student to ensure that an official transcript of grades is forwarded directly to the Registrar of this University in order that appropriate credit may be officially recorded.

Grades obtained in transfer courses will not be used in the computation of the student's grade point average in the Faculty of Arts.