Site Navigation

Graduate Level Courses

University of Calgary Undergraduate stu­dents are permitted to register in graduate level courses only with permission of both their Faculty and the Department offering the course. Undergraduate students are not nor­mally permitted to take courses numbered 700 level or above. Access to graduate level courses (numbered 600 and above) for Visiting and Exchange students is limited to those admitted to a graduate program. For Open Studies and other students, access to graduate courses is restricted to those with adequate preparation, normally an under­graduate degree or the equivalent. Permis­sion for an Open Studies or other student to register in any graduate level course must be obtained from the Faculty of Graduate Studies office.