Writing Support Services offers free half-hour individual writing tutorials for students at all levels who want to improve their writing. In a tutorial, students can
- Discuss their writing process and learn strategies to write more effectively
- Review returned papers to understand how to improve their written assignment
- Work with an instructor on an ongoing basis to improve essay structure, paragraph development, sentence structure and style, grammar, and punctuation
- Receive information on writing papers, book reviews, or other assignments
- Get advice on how to use and document sources
- Get help with English as a Second Language
Writing Support Services instructors will give general advice on papers being prepared for credit courses; however, they will not proofread student papers.
To book a half-hour appointment, please visit http://www.ucalgary.ca/writingsupport/.
For Writing Support help via email, write to email@example.com, describing your writing assignment, questions, and concerns in detail.
Tutoring Location: MSC 4th floor