Details on undergraduate programs are given in Section 5 (Program Details).
Degree Programs Within the Faculty of Science
- BSc Major Programs
- BSc Honours Programs
- Co-operative/Internship BSc Major Programs
- Co-operative/Internship BSc Honours Programs
- BSc Double Major Programs
- BSc Double Honours Programs
- BSc/BSc Combined Degree Programs within the Faculty of Science
- Second Degree Programs following an appropriate first degree: BSc Major or BSc Honours Programs
BA degrees may be conferred in programs in the Department of Computer Science if the program is part of a Double Major program with the second program in another faculty that only awards BA degrees.
Combined or Concurrent Degree Programs with Other Faculties
- BSc or BA (Science) and BSc or BA (Arts), administered jointly with the Faculty of Arts.
- BComm and BSc, administered jointly with the Haskayne School of Business.
- BSc (General Mathematics in Education) or BSc (Natural Sciences) and BEd, administered jointly with the Werklund School of Education.
- Combined BSc degree with Schulich School of Engineering.
Science Minors are available in the following subjects:
Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Astrophysics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Geophysics, Nanoscience, Physics, Pure Mathematics, Statistics.
Pre-Professional Preparation for Degree Programs at this and Other Institutions
The Faculty of Science admits students only to its degree programs. However, students who wish to transfer to a professional program are advised to choose a Faculty of Science program that best fits their professional aspirations and which, at the same time, permits them to work toward completing the chosen Science program, i.e., it is important to simultaneously satisfy both Faculty of Science program requirements as well as pre-professional requirements.
- Dentistry - the University of Alberta, Edmonton.
- Medicine - the University of Calgary, University of Alberta and various other institutions.
- Optometry - the University of Waterloo, Ontario.
- Veterinary Medicine - the University of Calgary and the Western College of Veterinary Medicine, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Students interested in applying to professional programs should contact the institution offering their desired program for details regarding the necessary pre-professional prerequisite requirements.