Students are encouraged to consider double majors in: French and Italian, French and Spanish, or Italian and Spanish. Combining other majors within the Faculty of Arts is also acceptable.
A. FACULTY OF ARTS REQUIREMENTS
Students must adhere to the applicable Faculty of Arts requirements in 3.4 Graduation.
B. MAJOR-FIELD REQUIREMENTS
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 42 units (7.0 full-course equivalents) and a maximum of 60 units (10.0 full-course equivalents) in both of the selected Major Fields and meet the appropriate requirements:
- Where French is one of the two majors, students follow the requirements in section 4.28.1, subsection B except that for requirement B3 only 12 units (rather than 15 units) (2.0 (rather than 2.5) full-course equivalents) are required at the 400 level and B4 only 6 units (rather than 9 units) (1.0 (rather than 1.5) full-course equivalents) is required at the 500 level.
- Where Italian is one of two majors, students follow the requirements in section 4.28.5, subsection B.
- Where Spanish is one of the two majors, students follow the requirements in section 4.28.7, subsection B.
- Students are strongly advised to study for at least one semester each in a Francophone, Italophone or a Hispanophone environment as applicable to their double major.
- It is understood in the Double Major programs that the 42 units (7.0 full-course equivalents) is a minimum requirement. Students are encouraged to take additional courses in their areas of specialization.
C. DEGREE OPTIONS
The BA with Double Majors in French and Italian, French and Spanish or Italian and Spanish can be taken with Co-operative Education. See section 3.4.4 Co-operative Education Programs for information and requirements.