The Faculty of Education sponsors Post Degree Continuous Learning Undergraduate Diploma and Undergraduate Certificate programs with the following objectives:
- To promote continuing professional development among educators in schools, social service agencies, health, business, and industry.
- To increase access to demographic groups who traditionally are excluded from postsecondary education by providing courses utilizing alternate-delivery formats.
- To provide a vehicle for transitioning from the BEd program to graduate programs.
- To provide a vehicle for teachers who wish to complete additional undergraduate courses in order to move up the grid for salary purposes.
- To provide a vehicle for teachers to complete additional undergraduate courses as directed by teacher certification agencies.
- To offer course opportunities for students in other degree programs.
- To offer upgrading opportunities for potential students seeking admission to EDER programs.
- To provide funding opportunities for graduate students in EDER who wish to teach at the undergraduate level.
- To offer opportunities for teachers from other countries to achieve qualification in Alberta.
These programs are available in the Graduate Programs in Education, http://www.ucalgary.ca/gpe.