May 29, 2020
Update for summer camps 2020
The University of Calgary announced that we are moving ahead with 2020 summer camps starting in July. However, we made a number of significant revisions to our programs as we align with the Government of Alberta’s Guidance for Day Camps. UCalgary summer camps in July and August have been restructured to accommodate physical distancing protocols, resulting in fewer programs and participants. Due to these substantial changes, all previous offerings are cancelled and new camp offerings will be available.
Here are some key dates and highlights of changes to UCalgary 2020 summer camps. Parents should read them carefully to ensure their child won’t miss out on the 2020 camp experience.
- All previous offerings for this summer are now cancelled.
- Those who previously registered in this year's summer camps can secure a spot for their child by re-registering, tentatively scheduled to open June 10, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- General public registration is tentatively scheduled to open on June 17.
- Please check our website regularly for further changes to these dates as we continue to work on modifying the programs.
- Visit our FAQ page for camp details including the additional measures we are taking to create a safe environment for campers, parents and staff. Learn more
UCalgary is one of the city’s most trusted providers of summer camps programs, both indoors and outdoors. UCalgary cares about the well-being of our city’s children — their overall health, physical fitness, and safety. Thank you for your patience as we work through these challenging times and provide a positive experience for kids this summer.
UCalgary resources on COVID-19
For the most up-to-date information about the University of Calgary's response to the spread of COVID-19, visit the UCalgary COVID-19 Response website.