University of Calgary
UofC Navigation


Spring/Summer 2017 UPass available starting Monday, Apr. 24.

Details on locations and hours

What is a UPass? 

The Universal Pass Program (UPass) is a transit sticker applied to the Unicard that entitles full-time students access to transit services for the applicable term(s). 

Keep your Unicard with your UPass sticker with you at all times when riding Calgary Transit. If you are found riding Calgary Transit without a valid UPass or transit pass, you will be issued a transit violation citation by a Calgary Peace Officer.


To be eligible you must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student.

Undergrad students must be registered in three on-campus courses for the Fall and Winter Terms or two on-campus courses in Spring or two on-campus courses in Summer (minimum of six units in either term). 

Graduate student eligibility is based on full-time registrations status.

Learn more about how to qualify as a full-time student (and how to stay qualified!), visiting student status, and eligibility for students on co-op or internship terms.


The UPass fee is a compulsory $130 and is added to student fees each term.
Learn more about why it's a compulsory fee.

UPass and Student Misconduct

The UPass is only valid for the student to whom it has been issued. UPass stickers are only provided legally through designated University of Calgary outlets. Students found in violation of this not only jeopardize the UPass program for all students but may also face Non-Academic Misconduct proceedings.

Worn out stickers don't work

Worn out UPass stickers that are difficult to read (especially the expiry date) may be declined by Calgary Transit. Keep your sticker in good condition to avoid the $130 replacement cost.

Lost UPass

If your Unicard is lost or stolen, and with it your UPass, you will need to purchase individual transit passes to ride the bus or CTrain, until your Unicard and UPass sticker are replaced. Replacement cards are $20, replacement stickers are $130.

Learn more about lost or stolen cards.

Where to get your UPass

UPass Centre (Former Tech Stop)

Parking & Transportation Services (Olympic Volunteer Centre)

Health Science Centre (Foothills Hospital) 

Details on locations and hours