Chancellor’s Club Scholarships are prestigious renewable awards offered to students applying to the University of Calgary on the basis of their high school grades and who are entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program.
- Eligibility: Open to Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents entering the first year in an undergraduate degree program in the Fall term.
Students entering the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program or the English for Academic Purposes + Degree program are not eligible for these awards and should apply prior to entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program.
Due to the University of Calgary’s policy of equitable award distribution, recipients of Chancellor's Club Scholarship are not eligible to receive a President’s Admission Scholarship or a University of Calgary Entrance Scholarship.
- Application: Submit the High School Awards application available in November in the online Student Centre through the MY U OF C portal (www.ucalgary.ca). In submitting this application by the early deadline of December 15th (of the year prior to entering the University) applicants are considered for all competitive high school awards including Chancellor's Club Scholarships, the Seymour Schulich Academic Excellence Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Community Service/Entrepreneurial Awards, and University of Calgary Entrance Awards for International Students.
REMINDER: As part of the process of applying for admission, the University of Calgary issues a UCID number to each incoming student. This UCID number (or student ID) is required to apply for student awards. Formal or early admission to the U of C is not required before applying for awards
- Notification: Recipients are notified by email in March and must accept their award in the online Student Centre.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment in a minimum of 30.00 units through the upcoming Fall and Winter terms.
- Payment: Award monies are split into two equal payments over Fall and Winter terms and are applied to outstanding tuition and fees. Excess award funds are processed by the end of October (Fall term) and by the end of February (Winter term) and paid directly to the student via direct deposit (Direct Deposit form available through the Human Resources office - Administration Building 202 or the Student Awards and Financial Aid website: http://www.ucalgary.ca/awards.
- Renewability: Renewable at $10,000 in second, third, and fourth year at the University of Calgary provided the student earns a minimum GPA of 3.20 on at least 30.00 units over the previous Fall and Winter terms and completes a minimum of 30.00 units in the upcoming Fall and Winter terms.
- Spring and summer courses are not used to reduce course load requirements, nor are they used in calculating the GPA required for renewal.