This award is to recognize undergraduate students who have exhibited outstanding leadership within the Faculty of Science and the University of Calgary community and whose contributions have had a positive impact on the quality of life of other undergraduate students.
Recipient of the award will receive a scholarship (or honorarium) and will also be recognized at the Faculty of Science Awards Recognition Event with a commemorative certificate.
Criteria for the Excellence in Student Leadership Award
- Demonstrated leadership in campus initiatives within the Faculty of Science (clubs, committees, etc) or the campus community as a whole
- Contributed to the development and enhancement of co-‐curricular activities at the University by involvement in outreach initiatives within the faculty and the community
- Worked to improve the quality of the student experience within the Faculty and the campus community
- Demonstrated commitment to the local, provincial, national and/or international community through volunteer work
- Contributed to a sense of community and pride within the Faculty of Science and the University of Calgary
The award is open to students majoring in a program within the Faculty of Science in any year of undergraduate study and may be awarded up to 6 months post-‐graduation. Recipients must be in satisfactory academic standing.
Any student or staff member (academic or support) may submit a nomination package on behalf of the potential nominee. Nomination packages should be sent as a single pdf. The deadline for receiving nomination packages will be set each year.
- A nomination letter from the nominator that explains the nominee's qualifications for the leadership award, highlighting the nominee’s outstanding leadership contributions.
- Up to three additional letters of support for the nomination from staff or students.
- A 1-‐2 page leadership statement by the nominee.
Nominations should be addressed to Dr. Ken Barker, Dean, Faculty of Science and sent electronically to email@example.com
by April 20, 2015.