RESOLVE Alberta is part of RESOLVE, which is a tri-prairie research network that co-ordinates and supports research aimed at ending violence, especially violence involving girls and women. The RESOLVE network is affiliated with the University of Calgary, University of Saskatchewan, University of Manitoba, University of Regina, University of Alberta, University of Winnipeg, and Brandon University.
The goal of RESOLVE is to reduce the incidence and impact of violence and abuse by:
- creating and evaluating strategies to address violence and abuse;
- communicating our research results to the public and policy makers;
- promoting education, awareness, and social change.
To accomplish this we:
- work with community groups to identify areas where additional research needs to be done;
- develop action-oriented research projects;
- work in interdisciplinary teams in partnership with community groups and other universities and centres in Canada;
- we train students and members of the community organization in research methods.
108 Isbister Bldg
University of Manitoba
R3T 2N2 Canada
Tel: (204) 474-8965
Fax: (204) 474-7686
Dept.of Educational Administration
College of Education
28 Campus Drive
University of Saskatchewan
S7N 5A5 Canada
Tel: (306) 966-2255
Fax: (306) 966-1832
This online resource is limited to information on prevention programs.
If you need help with violence, check the front of your phone book for a list of resources in your area, such as the women's shelter or sexual assault centre.