Health advisory: Mumps
Residence students are advised to take precautions regarding the recent cases of mumps that have been reported in some provinces across Canada.
The main symptom of mumps is painful swelling in the cheeks and neck. Symptoms can also include: fever; headache or earache; tiredness; sore muscles; dry mouth; trouble talking, chewing or swallowing; or loss of appetite.
If you experience swelling in your cheeks and neck, contact Health Link available 24/7 by dialing 811, and report any cases of mumps to your Community Advisor or Residence Services. Mumps can be prevented through the mumps vaccine.
For more information:
We are committed to providing you with a positive learning and living experience. We want to see you succeed and grow, academically and socially. You will be instantly connected to your university, your campus and your new life as a student.
Living in residence at the University of Calgary provides you with many opportunities and benefits including:
- Being in the heart of it all – Living in residence puts you close to all the action. Social activities, leadership and volunteer opportunities organized by residence are just outside your door. And, any campus event or entertainment is only a short walk away.
- Making life-long friends and lasting memories – It’s much easier to meet people when they live right next door. These are often friendships that last a lifetime.
- Living on your own, with all the comforts of home – You’ll have the support you need with the freedom of independence. Study rooms, workshops, free Internet, laundry facilities and more.
- Support networks and opportunity for growth – Get the extra support and growth opportunities through the many extra-curricular education programs, on-campus resources and ongoing support throughout your studies.
- Security – Our buildings are secure 24/7. Each residence hall has live-in student and professional staff members to respond to situations. Easy to access, the Safewalk program will accompany you whenever you need or want it.