University of Calgary
UofC Navigation


Submitted by wcm on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 9:48am

We Believe: 

  • Asthma should not stop you from doing any of the things you like to do
  • You and your family are important partners in managing your health and taking control of your asthma
  • We are successful when you can say "I can control my asthma now!" (iCAN)

In the News

  • How to prevent the September Asthma Peak-click here for more.  August 14, 2015
  • Amish children immune to asthma?  Click here to read more.  August 14, 2016
  • Does my child have asthma?  Click here for tools to help answer our most frequently asked question.  July 10, 2016
  • Looking for a Calgary pediatrician with a special interest in asthma? Click here. December 21, 2015

Good News!

More than 3 million Canadians of all ages have asthma but the good news is that asthma can be treated and well controlled.  This means it doesn't have to interfere with you or your child's daily life

The Air Quality Health Index (AQHI) is a tool available for Albertans to learn what the air quality around various Alberta communities means to individual health, especially respiratory health risks. Click here to learn more about the index.


Sadly, due to confidentiality and privacy restrictions, we are no longer able to email our newsletters to our patients. We will always post our newest newsletter on our site under “In the News” on our home page and in our Newsletter section…so check back soon!

Does my child have asthma?

Need a plan?


An Emergency Plan... 

An Action Plan...

Simple steps to Control...


This site is best viewed using Firefox or Chrome browsers.

Material on this website has been designed for information purposes only. It should not be used in place of medical advice, instruction and/or treatment. If you have specific questions, please consult your doctor or appropriate health care professional.