The U of C Racquet Centre is the largest public racquet facility in Canada! There are 13 Squash and 4 Racquetball/Handball courts, all International size!
Contact Us Hours Group Bookings Book Courts Browse Programs
Racquet Centre Court Booking Information
U of C Students and Members
- The Racquet Centre facilities are free for U of C students and members.
- NEW! Badminton is now first come, first service. Online badminton booking is no longer available.
- To book a Squash, Racquetball / Handball or Tennis court (outdoor courts open from April-September):
- Over the phone 403.220.5029
- In person at Kinesiology Client Services counter (KNA104).
- Every player MUST check in with an U of C ID card at the Kinesiology Client Services desk prior to accessing the court facilities. Any players without a wristband or day pass will be asked to leave the court area.
- Students and Members can book 3 Squash, Racquetball / Handball and/or Tennis courts at a time and up to 14 days in advance.
- Cancellations must be received prior to court time.
- Failure to check-in or cancel a court will result in a no-show. After 3 no-shows, users can not book courts until a penalty fee (Day Pass fee) is paid at the Kinesiology Client Services desk.
- If player does not show up for court time, it will be given away after 15 minutes of scheduled time.
- Players must play on their court number. Players will be asked to move to the correct court number.
- No sports activities can be played on the Squash and Racquetball courts other than Squash or Racquetball / Handball.
- Players must book a court, no drop-ins.
- Squash, Tennis, Racquetball and Badminton racquets, eyewear, and Badminton nets are available for rent at the Kinesiology Client Services desk and must be returned at the end of your court booking. A photo ID must be left in order to rental equipment.
- Customers must supply their own balls or badminton shuttles. These items can be purchased at the Kinesiology Client Services desk.
- All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 17.
Non - Members
- The Racquet Centre facilities are available for Non-Members. To purchase a day pass and book a Squash, Racquetball / Handball, Tennis (outdoor courts open from April-September), and/or Badminton court, stop by the Kinesiology Client Services desk in the Kinesiology Complex (Block A) located by the Red/Gold Gyms.
- A day pass must be purchased prior to accessing the Racquet Centre court facilities. Only same day booking is permitted.
- No phone in bookings.
Racquet Restringing Services
If you need to your squash, racquetball or tennis racquet restrung, drop off your racquet at the desk inside the Racquet Centre court area (left side) or at the office by the Racquet Centre entrance doors (right side). Note: From May - Aug, racquets can be dropped off at the Fitness Centre during business hours. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and Rates:
- Restrung racquets are available for pick up after 3 business days.
- Restringing Rate $30 - $38 (prices include labor, string, GST)