Number of awards: up to 4
Deadline to apply: Friday, March 10, 4 p.m.
- Offered to an undergraduate student in any faculty registered full-time at the University of Calgary
- Academic merit, minimum GPA of 2.60
- Activities demonstrating commitment in the areas of mental health awareness, stigma reduction, and advocacy
Applicants must include:
- A resume highlighting leadership, innovation, and excellence in advocacy efforts related to the area of mental health
- An essay describing in detail the results achieved and impact of their leadership, commitment, and advocacy efforts in the area of mental health. Applicants should reference any relevant personal stories of lived experience with mental health struggles and/or information that connects to how they have helped and supported others with their mental health (1,000 word maximum)
- A statement explaining the nature of their financial need and if this need is connected to their own mental health struggles or as a result of supporting others
Application content is considered confidential. Review of applicants by the selection committee will ensure personal identifying information within applications is not shared.
Winners of the award will be notified by Wednesday, April 19.
Questions about the award? Please contact Kevin Wiens, Manager Student Wellness Support