We are recruiting!
We are recruiting for Peer Listening volunteers for the 2021 – 2022 academic year! We welcome applicants from both undergraduate and graduate areas of study. Please note that peer listening will be offered virtually for the Fall 2021 semester.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- With a partner, run drop-in peer listening hours from 12-4pm on weekdays through the academic year, providing a welcoming and non-judgmental space for students to connect and receive support for personal and/or academic concerns.
- Provide information, resources and referrals to students in need of further support.
- Additional duties as required (ie. providing peer support at student-run events, participating in training and professional development relevant to the role, participating in ongoing research around peer support models at the University of Calgary)
Qualifications / Eligibility:
- A minimum of 2 years university experience
- Excellent active listening, communication and ethical decision-making skills
- An interest in supporting student mental health and working within the umbrella of Student Wellness Services’ coordinated care model
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2 hours/week of volunteering from September – April
- Lived experience with mental health challenges would be an asset, but not required
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to Megan MacKay at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their time and interest, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.