EDITOR’S NOTE: The community consultation for Energizing Eyes High is now complete. Thank you to everyone in the campus community who took part. Read the UToday article about the wrap-up of the consultation process, or view a slideshow summarizing the results of all 11 online polls.
Since the launch of the Energizing Eyes High consultation process on Friday, Sept. 16, more than 2,124 students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members have taken the opportunity to share their ideas on the future of your university. Thank you to everyone who took time to participate this week, including the 125 students who won $10 Mac Hall food vouchers.
Five ways to engage
There is still time to participate. You can choose one or more of the Energizing Eyes High consultation opportunities that work best for you.
- Register for one of 20 campus focus groups for students, faculty, staff, and Board and Senate members* (Register for the table topic you are most interested in.)
- Complete the online survey
- Visit a roving booth and record a video message
- Take the weekly poll in UToday or on the website
- Send a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Special focus groups and surveys are being offered for alumni and external community members. Interested in learning more about these opportunities? Email email@example.com.
Anyone who attends a focus group or completes an online survey is eligible to enter a draw for one of 10 iPad Pros. Students are also eligible for weekly draws for $10 Mac Hall food vouchers, with a 50% chance of winning.
What happens next?
Feedback will help focus UCalgary priorities and impact funding decisions going forward. Once the consultation feedback is collected and analyzed, a refined strategic direction will move through our governance bodies — the General Faculties Council and the Board of Governors — before it is launched in spring 2017.
Check out the Energizing Eyes High website to learn more and to engage in the consultation opportunities. Questions and general feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.