Participating in the UCeed Haskayne Student Fund will definitely be an enriching experience that will help me define my future career path and will present me with new opportunities.
Valeria Marino, Haskayne Student Fund participant
Uniquely available to UCalgary students
- One of Western Canada’s first university private equity funds managed by and for students – UCalgary leads the way through innovation in higher education.
- UCeed Haskayne Student Fund will spur innovation and train the private equity leaders of tomorrow through experiential learning.
- Supports UCalgary’s Growth Through Focus strategy – serving as a critical bridge between business students and Calgary’s local startup/venture capitalist communities.
- The new fund integrates with UCalgary’s world-class Haskayne School of Business curriculum, bridging the gap between theory and practice through a personalized educational experience.
- Oversight, coaching and deal management for students will be supported by UCeed’s overall program, an Investment Advisory Group and CDL-Rockies.
Award and fund eligibility
$25,000 up to $100,000 investment (CAD)
- Early-stage startups raising Seed or Series A investments
- Technology driven innovation
- Must be incorporated prior to receipt of funds
- Demonstrated team with the ability to build and scale their product
- Traction or demonstrated market pull
The UCeed Haskayne Student Fund is very thankful to the mentors in the program that dedicate their time to helping students. Mentors help the students assess deals, secure applications, and integrate with the entrepreneurial ecosystem.