Each UCeed fund is supported by an Investment Advisory Groups who review and advise on Fund investments. These advisors are experienced professionals with deep sector experience, proven leadership, and knowledge and experience in early-stage investing. Advisors provide mentorship, deep-rooted community connections, and critical support through the investment decision-making process.
Innovate Calgary is responsible for the management and operation of the UCeed Fund. With support from the Innovate Calgary management team, Investment Advisory Groups meet on a set schedule — as often as quarterly — to make recommendations and investment decisions. Discussions include:
- What investments are to be made using monies from the fund and rationale for such recommendations.
- Considerations regarding financial terms, risks, concerns, or other factors.
- Key milestone activities for each investee company.
- The general terms and conditions of the template funding agreements.
- Any special conditions pertaining to investments in a specific investee company.