Campus Community Garden
Grow pesticide-free food and support sustainable food systems and healthy eating. Anyone can request a plot or join the Community Garden Club to begin harvesting the benefits of local eating.
Plots for the 2022 gardening season
Each plot is 8’ x 12.5’ with four 4’ x 8’ raised beds.
- Apply for a plot for the growing season. (Applications are now closed)
- Wait for a confirmation email which will notify you of your plot assignment and session dates for a mandatory Garden Orientation.
- Attend orientation and complete a safety waiver.
- Read the Garden Guidelines.
- Note: Plot rental priority is given to UCalgary students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Join the Campus Community Garden Club
- Anyone can become a member to receive free access to garden club events and club plots.
- Plot rentals include club membership.
Did you know?
UCalgary has a variety of edible gardens around campus. Help yourself to these hidden gems to combat food insecurity and reduce food waste.
What can you eat?
A variety of fruit is available, including ornamental crab apples, pears, apricots, saskatoon berries, nanking cherries, apples, red currants, black currants, gooseberries, raspberries, snowberries and haskaps.