Campus Community Garden
Grow pesticide-free food and support sustainable food systems and healthy eating. Anyone can request a plot or join the Community Garden Club to begin harvesting the benefits of local eating.
Grow good things on campus
Plots for the 2023 gardening season
Each plot is 8’ x 12.5’ with four 4’ x 8’ raised beds.
- Apply for a plot for the 2023 growing season.
- Wait for a confirmation email which will notify you of your plot assignment and session dates for a mandatory Garden Orientation.
- Attend orientation and complete a safety waiver.
- Read the Garden Guidelines.
Note: Plot rental priority is given to UCalgary students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Applications for 2023 are CLOSED.
Join the Campus Community Garden Club
- Anyone can become a member to receive free access to garden club events and club plots.
- Plot rentals include club membership.
Did you know?
UCalgary has a variety of edible gardens around campus. Help yourself to these hidden gems to combat food insecurity and reduce food waste.
What can you eat?
A variety of fruit is available, including ornamental crab apples, pears, apricots, saskatoon berries, nanking cherries, apples, red currants, black currants, gooseberries, raspberries, snowberries and haskaps.
UCalgary’s Community Garden was made possible through support from Student and Enrolment Services. Operational aspects were funded in part by Students’ Union Quality Money.