Campus Community Garden
Grow pesticide-free food and support sustainable food systems and healthy eating. Anyone can request a plot or join the Community Garden Club to begin harvesting the benefits of local eating.
Grow good things on campus
The garden is located west of Lot 49, near Cascade Hall. Far enough from the hustle and bustle of main campus, but close enough to tend to your plot over a lunch break.
A variety of garden staples are grown: herbs, potatoes, peas, radishes, beans, turnips, zucchini, squash and kale, to name a few.
Enjoy healthy eating and learn sustainable agricultural practices. Community Garden Club members can answer questions and create snacks on site at Thursgarden events.
All are welcome and anyone can request a plot. There are no strangers; just down-to- earth people passionate about growing good food.
Plots available for the 2021 gardening season
Plots will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each plot is 8’ x 12.5’ (with four 4’ x 8’ raised beds).
- Apply for a plot for the growing season.
- Wait for a confirmation email which will notify you of your plot assignment and session dates for a mandatory Garden Orientation.
- Attend orientation and complete a safety waiver.
- Read the Garden Guidelines below.
- Note: Plot rental priority is given to UCalgary students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Join the Campus Community Garden Club
- Anyone can become a member to receive free access to garden club events and club plots.
- Plot rentals include club membership.
2021 Plot Holder Application Form
Collection of personal information
Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact the Office of Advancement at email@example.com
Did you know?
UCalgary has a variety of edible gardens around campus. Help yourself to these hidden gems to combat food insecurity and reduce food waste.
What can you eat?
A variety of fruit is available, including ornamental crab apples, pears, apricots, saskatoon berries, nanking cherries, apples, red currants, black currants, gooseberries, raspberries, snowberries and haskaps.