Student advisors at Writing Symbols Lodge provide assistance with holistic academic advising, connections to university-wide resources, and links to useful online tools.
Academic advising is available to Indigenous students through Writing Symbols Lodge and the Student Success Centre.
Writing Symbols Lodge provides advising and assistance for the following:
- General program advising
- Course registration
- Navigation in D2L, Academic Requirements (AR) and MyUofC
- Academic processes and calendar information
- Financial needs
- Orientation events
Students, particularly those in the upper years of their degree programs, which require faculty-specific academic advising, should seek assistance from their respective faculty-based advising office.
- Arts advising is offered in MSC 397 from 10 a.m. – noon on Wednesdays
- You can explore Indigenous career services here
- Peer tutoring and remedial services are available upon request.
- Writing Symbols Lodge Library Resource Guide is another online resource for students.
- Library research support is available.
- Writing supports are available in MSC 397 from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. on Monday & Thursday.
Writing Symbols Lodge