Funding and Scholarships
Writing Symbols Lodge assists Indigenous students by providing information about various types of Post-secondary sponsorship and other sources of financial support.
Indigenous student funding resources
Post-secondary sponsorship available for First Nations, Inuit and Métis students includes First Nations Community-based sponsorship, Indigenous student awards, bursaries, and scholarships, as well as emergency loans. If you visit our reception desk, you will also find two binders, divided by deadline date for applications, for students to peruse, photocopy applications and provide links to online scholarship application forms.
You'll find more specific information on awards for students of Canadian Indigenous identity at the University of Calgary here.
General Indigenous student awards
- Alberta Student Aid - alberta.ca
- Alexander Rutherford High School Achievement Scholarship
- ALIS Scholarship Connections
- Freehorse Family Wellness Society (Bill C31)
- Indigenous Bursaries Search Tool - Gov. of Canada
- Indigenous Careers Award
- Indspire, Indigenous Education Canada’s Future
- NIB Trust National Indian Brotherhood
- Royal Bank Aboriginal Scholarship programs
- Rupertsland Institute Métis Scholar Awards