Transitional Support Advising
Whether you are a new student or have been studying at UCalgary for several years, you may questions or uncertainties about life at UCalgary, in Calgary, or Canada. Our advisors are here to help answer questions about getting settled in Calgary, finding community, and connecting with resources on or off-campus! We are a great place to start if you have a question and do not know where to go. Some examples of topics we can help you with are:
- Setting up a Canadian bank account
- Getting a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Understanding your medical insurance options
- Understanding how to access health & wellness services
- Learning about resources for family members (partners/spouses & children)
- Accessing offices or resources on campus that can help you succeed in your personal or academic life
- Participating in social or leadership opportunities to build your social network in Calgary
Drop in advising is available
Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
and from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.