BMC 362 - "Building Religious & Cultural Inclusion in the Workplace"
This course is helpful for professionals working with diverse populations. Develop the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to support religious diversity in the workplace and beyond. Through readings, reflection, discussion, case studies, and site visits to various sacred spaces in Calgary: learn critical thinking and practical skills, develop an understanding of pluralism and religious diversity in Calgary, engage in religious literacy, and gain confidence working with diverse communities. Learn practical applications by cultivating skills on religious and cultural competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have deepened your awareness and enhanced your knowledge of religious and cultural diversity, and developed skills for building religious and cultural inclusion.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Learn about pluralism, inter-religious dialogue, and religion and the public sphere
- Engage in critical thinking and develop practical skills to engage across lines of difference
- Gain professional development experience by cultivating skills on religious and cultural competence in the workplace
- Utilize a practical process for handling religious and cultural sensitivities
- Reflect on your own cultural identity, values and belief system and the ways these impact your interactions with others
- Gain practical skills on how to handle religious accommodation in the workplace
- Deepen your understanding of cultural and religious diversity
- Practice flexibility
- Practice suspending judgement
- Cultivate cultural and religious empathy
Upcoming course dates:
- May 11 - 15, 2020; 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Downtown Campus
- August 10 - 12 and 17 - 18, 2020; 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Downtown Campus
For more information about this course, please contact our Education Coordinator.