View our schedule of weekly events. We are all about building community, learning about different cultures and religions, and hope you can join us as we explore together!
Thanks for a great year! These events will return in September 2022. Take a look below to discover our events from the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 Semesters.
Join the Faith and Spirituality Centre as we highlight a different cultural recipe each month. You will be taught to create a delicious cultural meal and learn about the culture along the way!
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 - 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Theme: French Crepes
- Tuesday, Oct. 19 - 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Theme: Cancelled
- Tuesday, Nov. 16 - 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Theme: Filipino Taste of Tuesday
This semester, we will be highlighting the delicious creations that people make in their own homes! Create a Tik Tok or reel of you making a dish and upload it here. We will highlight your creation on our social media pages.
Want to see some examples?
An opportunity to gather with others and have a deep, meaningful connection and conversation with other students. Open to all students of all backgrounds.
Want to learn other perspectives and build a better understanding of the people around you? Join our student team as they lead a great conversation, highlighting different communities around the world. All are welcome and the theme changes every week!
DiversiTEA runs every Friday at 12 pm MST in a blended format. You are welcome to be in the Centre for the event and drink our tea. You are also welcome to participate at home through Zoom and drink your own tea. Please register ahead of time using the links below.
Fall 2021 Schedule:
- Friday, Sept. 10 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Welcome to the Faith and SpiritualiTEA Centre
- Friday, Sept. 17 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: How to Survive UniversiTEA
- Friday, Sept. 24 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Mabon Tea Time
- Friday, Oct. 1 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Navaratri Tea Time
- Friday, Oct. 8 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: GraTEAtude
- Friday, Oct. 15 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Fat Bears DiversiTEA
- Friday, Oct. 22 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Body NutraliTEA
- Friday, Oct. 29 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: SustainabiliTEA
- Friday, Nov. 5 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Queer Tea Time with Queers on Campus
- Friday, Nov. 19 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Chinese Tea Time with the Chinese Conversation Club
- Friday, Nov. 26 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Japanese Tea Time
- Friday, Dec. 3 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: What's the Tea? With the African and Carribian Students Association
Winter 2021 Schedule:
- Friday, Jan. 14 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Welcome to the Faith and SpiritualiTEA Centre
- Friday, Jan. 21 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: My Cup of Tea
- Friday, Jan. 28 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: InTEAnational Lunches with Pangea
- Friday, Feb. 4 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Justice in Scriptures (EDI Week)
- Friday, Feb. 11 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Queer(y)ing Faith
- Friday, Feb. 18 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Going Back Home with the Nigerian Students Association
- Friday, Mar. 4 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Queer CommuniTEA with Queers on Campus
- Friday, Mar. 11 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Islam 101 with the Muslimah Empowerment Chapter
- Friday, Mar. 18 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Holi Celebration
- Friday, Mar. 25 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: K-Pop Tea Time
- Friday, April 1 - Noon - 1 p.m.: Theme: Ramadan Tea Time with the Muslim Students Association
Wisdom Wednesday was a monthly event hosted by the FSC for individuals to share their spiritual journey and the lessons that they have learned from these journeys. This year (2021-2022) we are trying to re-create this magic in podcast form!
By reintroducing Wisdom Wednesday in podcast form, we aim to preserve the spirit of spiritual storytelling while at the same time, making it available to students who are not able to be on the main campus this year.
Wisdom Wednesday episodes will be released on the first Wednesday of each month starting in October and going until April.
Fall 2021 Schedule:
- Wednesday, Oct. 6 - Noon - 1 p.m. - Jew Do You
- Wednesday, Nov. 3 - 3 - 4 p.m. - A Place For Us All
- Wednesday, Dec. 1 - Noon - 1 p.m. - To Love is to Give
Winter 2022 Schedule:
- Wednesday, Jan. 19 - 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. - A Heart Opening
- Wednesday, Feb. 2 - 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. - Do Better by People
- Wednesday, Apr. 6 - 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.- Listening to Listen
Access the episodes here
Need help focusing? Feeling isolated? We get it!
Join our student team as they set a timer, keeping you focused for 20-30 minutes intervals! After your time spent focusing on a task, they will lead a conversation, play games, do trivia, teach you a new skill, guide a stretch, etc! When the break is over, our host will re-set the timer and encourage you to focus for another 20 minutes.
Virtual RealiTEA is completely hosted and run by the volunteers at the Faith and Spirituality Centre and runs every Monday. This event is open to people of all denominations, backgrounds, and identities. Everyone is welcome!