Book a one-on-one appointment with a Career Development Specialist
The Career Development team empowers and guides UCalgary students to find career happiness through coaching and self-exploration. Visit a Career Development Specialist for help with:
- Cover letter and resume review
- Building effective job search and networking skills
- Interview preparation
- Mock interviews
- LinkedIn best practices
- Career planning and exploration
- CliftonStrengths®, Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory, Intercultural Development Inventory®, MBTI®, and Strong Interest Inventory®
- Canadian workplace culture (International Students)
Start working on your resume as early as you can. Just like a term paper, it’s hard to write an effective resume in one night — it takes time, effort and lots of revisions.
Did You Know?
First impressions count! Whether they're made in-person or through a cover letter and resume, you may have only minutes — or even seconds — to make a first impression count.
Looking for quick feedback on your resume or cover letter?
Drop-in for Resume Rescue every Wednesday during the fall and winter semesters from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at MSC 188. This is a drop-in service, no appointment necessary, for current UCalgary students & alumni. Resume Rescue is only available in the fall and winter semesters.
Bring a hard copy of your document, as there will be no access to a printer.
Please note: drop-ins are approximately 15-20 minutes in duration, depending on how many students are waiting.
We are only offering online drop-in assistance at this time.
- Monday: 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Noon – 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Noon – 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday: Noon – 1:30 p.m.