Resources for distance students
Get Career Services support from anywhere
As a distance learner with UCalgary, you can access a wealth of online resources available at any time, or book a one-on-one appointment with one of our career development specialists.
Book a virtual appointment with a career development specialist
With CareerLink, you can access individual services with our career development team. They can assist you with:
- Career planning and exploration
- Personal assessments: CliftonStrengths®, Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory, Intercultural Development Inventory®, MBTI®, and Strong Interest Inventory®
- Building effective job search and networking skills, including online networking with LinkedIn
- Cover letter and resume review
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Understanding Canadian workplace culture (International students)
If you'd like to meet with a career development specialist, book an appointment on CareerLink and connect with them using Skype or Zoom. These platforms are free to use and have the added benefit of video conferencing and screen sharing.
Be sure to note that you are a distance student so we can properly prepare for your appointment.