Those students who have had their eligibility for alternate format materials verified by their Student Accessibility Services Advisor may request alternate format materials using this page. If your eligibility has not been verified and you are interested in learning more, please consult the Process for Obtaining Alternate Format Textbooks.
Proof of Purchase Requirements
You may request a textbook prior to purchase but files will not be released until proof of purchase is received by SAS. You have three options for providing a receipt(s):
- Upload the receipt(s) using the link at the bottom of this page
- Email a copy of your receipt (a scan, a picture, or a forwarded confirmation) to email@example.com
- Bring your paper receipt into the main SAS office (MacEwan Student Centre 452) to have a copy taken
In submitting a request, the Student acknowledges and agrees that:
- Copyright in and all contents of the alternate format version of the printed instructional material remain the exclusive property of the copyright holder and any permission granted for use will not constitute a transfer of any rights or ownership;
- The alternate format of the printed instructional material will be made available to the Student on a one-time only, non-exclusive basis;
- The alternate format of the printed instructional material will be made available solely for the Student’s own educational purposes in connection with the Student’s studies and preparation related to the class for which the alternate format of the printed instructional material is obtained;
- The Student shall not share the alternate format of the printed instructional material with any other person whatsoever, including other students in the class;
- The Student shall not use, copy, disseminate, modify, distribute, sublicense, sell, rent, lease, lend, give or otherwise transfer the alternate format of the printed instructional material to any person for any purpose whatsoever
Please note: some requested titles may not be available in alternate format.
Collection of personal information
Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact the Office of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org