Record and playback audio in Notability:
1. Tap the microphone icon to start a recording. (Tap the icon again to stop a recording.)
2. Any notes you take while recording are linked to that recording.
3. Once your recording is complete, tap the down arrow to enter playback mode.
4. Tap the start button to begin replaying your recording.
5. During playback, select the hand icon and then tap any word or object in your notes to jump to that point in the recording.
Consult this Notability support article for additional navigation and playback options.
See the video below for a demonstration of audio recording with Notability for iOS.