- At a minimum of 3 weeks prior to any physical work commencing on sprinkler systems, the Project Manager or University Engineer (Facilities Development) will forward 2 copies of all Sprinkler Drawings and Hydraulic Calculations to SCM Risk Management Services Inc. who act on behalf of our insurer (Canadian Universities Reciprocal Insurance Exchange) to review the drawings. The primary contact is below. All correspondence (email or paper correspondence) must also be copied to the University of Calgary Risk Analyst who handles construction (Lynne Kulchitsky - email@example.com) The information must be sent to:
Alberto Gozzi, Administrative Assistant
SCM Risk Management Services Inc.
Suite 800, 150 Commerce Valley Drive West
Lock Box 200
Markham, Ontario L3T 7Z3
Phone: 1-800-268-8080 Ext 5412
- SCM Risk Management Services will review the drawings and provide Risk Management & Insurance and the University Engineer/Project Manager with comments. The primary plan reviewer for SCM is Victor Liu, Specialist, Loss Control (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The University Engineer/Project Manager will ensure that all recommendations are adhered to, or will forward their concerns to Insurance & Risk Management.
- NOTE: Work will not be commenced on the Sprinkler Systems until the SCM Risk Management Services review is complete and the University Engineer/Project Manager have incorporated the changes or discussed them with the Risk Analyst.
- Within a minimum of 10 days after the completion of the sprinkler system installation, the Project Manager will forward the Contractors Materials and Test Certificate to Risk Management & Insurance who will forward such documentation to the contracted review company.