UCalgary Event Risk Assessment Tool Checklist
Completing the UCalgary Event Risk Assessment Tool is the first step in the process to hold an event in UCalgary buildings, on UCalgary lands or to host a UCalgary event off campus. Events are defined as gatherings in excess of 15 people (outside of classes and regular business meetings), whether they take place indoors or outdoors.
To assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the UCalgary Event Risk Assessment Tool, please find below a list of the questions that will appear in the questionnaire.
If you have questions, please contact Risk Management & Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provide your contact information:
- Phone number
- Department / Faculty or unit name
Provide Event Details
- Event name
- Event date (beginnng and end)
- Is this a UCalgary hosted event or a third party using university facilities?
(Ucalgary event, Third party event, Students Union event, Departmental Graduate Association, or Graduate Students' Association event)
- Is this event indoor, outdoor or both?
- If indoors, have you confirmed the availability of hand sanitizer & antiseptic wipes at this location
- Location of the event (select)
- If on campus & indoor - provide building name, room number / name
- If on campus & in multiple buildings, list all building names & room numbers
- If on campus & outside, indicate Green Space Number (see https://www.ucalgary.ca/ancillary/accommodations-and-events/conference-and-events/event-venues/green-space
- If not in one of the indicated green spaces, provide description of the location
- If off campus, indicate the name of the venue and full address
- What type of event is this (select, if "other" provide further explanation)
- Participants must be 2 meters apart. Will the space allow for this physical distancing?
- Normal maximum occupancy of the room booked:
- What is the duration of the event (select, up to 1 hr, up to 2 hrs, longer than 2 hrs in one day, etc...
- Are you serving food / beverages?
- If serving food / beverages (select from one of the following: commercial kitchen/caterer that is plated and served, commercial kitchen/caterer - buffet style food service, commercial kitchen/caterer - pre-packaged and given to each individual participant still in the package, participants bring their own food and do not share with other participants, food not from commercial kitchens that will be shared (i.e. home made, made by participants, bake sale, etc.)
Provide Participant Details
- Participants should be pre-registered for events to ensure that you can stay in compliance with health authority rules. Are you asking each participant to register in advance for this event?
- Choose the appropriate range that reflects the expected size of your event including participants, speakers, servers and all other individuals that will be in the space (select: 15 or less, 16-25, 26-50, etc.)
- Indicate the maximum number of individuals you will have in your event space over the course of your event (including speakers, participants, servers, etc.)
- Does this event have any volunteers?
- Does this event include individuals under 18 years of age?
- Are you specifically inviting people who are at greater risk of severe disease, including people over 60 years of age and people with chronic medical conditions to participate face-to-face?
- Are you offering people who are at greater risk of severe disease, including people over 60 years of age and people with chronic medical conditions alternative on-line methods to participate?
- Are you inviting international attendees (outside of Canada, including speakers/organizers)?
- Are you inviting inter-provincial attendees (outside of Alberta, but within Canada)?
- Provide any additional information or comments