Event COVID-19 Communications
There are three communications required to be disseminated for events taking place during COVID-19.
Updated: May 1, 2022
NOTICE: All in-person events, meetings and gatherings are now able to take place.
A) ON THE WEBSITE ADVERTISING THE EVENT:
The following communication is to be displayed on any UCalgary website where the event is advertised.
If you or anyone in your household has a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or shortness of breath or have tested positive for COVID-19 recently, please do not attend the event. If you are an employee or student, please refer to the COVID-19 Isolation Guidance for Employees and Students
B) EMAIL TO REGISTERED ATTENDEES PRIOR TO THE EVENT:
The following communication is required to be emailed to registered participants to remind them of the current requirements when attending a UCalgary function or event taking place on UCalgary campuses.
Thank you for your interest in attending an event at the University of Calgary. We wanted to provide some guidelines to help you navigate event logistics. We hope this information will help you understand what to expect and be prepared prior to arriving. If you should have any questions beyond what is provided in this email, please reach out to the event organizer.
If you are considering attending an event hosted by or located at the University of Calgary, please review these guidelines:
- Masks are no longer required on UCalgary campuses, starting May 1. However, they are required while being transported in university vehicles to align with City of Calgary bylaws for mask use on public transportation. Masks are still strongly recommended for use on campus, and everyone should feel comfortable continuing to wear a mask. For more information see: Masking on Campus.
- If you or anyone in your household has a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or shortness of breath or have tested positive for COVID-19 recently, please do not attend the event. If you are an employee or student, please refer to the COVID-19 Isolation Guidance for Employees and Students. <Event Organizer, if you are offering a virtual option, please indicate here>.
Help us support a healthy campus by following public health measures, practicing good hygiene, and continuing to act responsibly. Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you at our event.
C) AT THE VENUE: SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EVENT:
The following communication must be announced at the beginning of a UCalgary function or events taking place on UCalgary campuses.
Welcome and may I please have your attention for a few moments.
Before we begin the event today we want to run through a few important housekeeping items.
- The washrooms are located < insert location here >.
- Due to COVID-19, we want to ensure we run through a few health guidelines with you.
- Hand sanitizer is located at <point to or describe locations>
- If you start to feel unwell for any reason, no matter how minor the symptoms, please head home for the health and safety of those in attendance.
- <If catering is part of the event, please describe the process here>.
- In the event of an emergency:
- Please stay calm.
- At this time, take a moment and find the closest emergency exit. They are located < insert - location of emergency exits >.
The event staff and/or authorized personnel will assist and direct you.
- Proceed to the exits as directed and continue to <insert muster point >.
- Please do not use the elevator. If you need assistance, please let a staff member know
- Specific Territorial Acknowledgement