The University of Calgary offers scholarships and bursaries to students enrolled in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- Eligibility: Open to students entering or continuing in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program at the University of Calgary. Students entering the first year of the program are eligible for nominated awards only. Students continuing in second, third or fourth year are eligible for nominated awards and competitive undergraduate awards, which require an award application.
- Application: Submit the Continuing Undergraduate Awards application available June 1 through my.ucalgary.ca.
DEADLINE: August 1
Nominated awards: No application required. Recipients are nominated by the faculty.
- Notification: Recipients are notified by email for nominated awards in August; for competitive awards at the end of November.
- Registration Requirement: Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine through the upcoming Fall and Winter Terms. Exceptions may be made for students who are completing their degree in the upcoming academic year.
- Payment: Nominated award funds are split into two equal payments over Fall and Winter Terms and are applied automatically to outstanding tuition and fees. Competitive award funds are paid to a student’s Winter Term tuition and fees.