At the end of each academic year for continuing students:
3.30 or above: performance at an honours level (see Note 1)
2.75 – 3.29: continued study permitted in BHSc (see Note 2)
1.70 – 2.74: continued study permitted in BHSc on probation
0.00 – 1.69: Required to withdraw from the School
1. At the time of graduation, students who have not achieved a GPA of 3.30 over the last 90 graded units will be awarded a BHSc without the Honours designation, provided that the minimum cumulative GPA attained (over the last graded 90 units) is greater than or equal to 2.75. The non-honours BHSc is not open for enrolment.
2. Students performing below a cumulative GPA of 3.30 at the end of three years of study may not be permitted to enrol in Medical Science 508. Students who are not permitted to enrol in Medical Science 508 will not receive the Honours designation on their degree. The non-honours BHSc is not open for enrolment.
3. University regulations permit students to be on probation only once during their degree. Therefore, students who merit placement on academic probation will have to maintain a GPA of at least 2.75 in each subsequent year in order to continue in their program. Students who do not meet this will be required to withdraw from the Bachelor of Health Sciences program and, if qualified, may be able to enter another program at the University of Calgary.
4. Any students wishing to appeal an academic ruling please see I. Reappraisal of Graded Term Work and Academic Assessments (final grades) in the Academic Regulations section for details.
5. Notwithstanding the specific regulations pertaining to Student Standing, a student's academic standing may be reviewed at any time and those with generally poor academic records may be placed or continued on probation or required to withdraw at the discretion of the Dean or designate.