1. Registration in a Co-operative Education 523 course is required for each four-month work term accepted.
2. Students pay a non-refundable academic course fee while on a work term as outlined in P. Tuition and General Fees, and are considered full-time registered students.
3. Students may not leave a work term or withdraw from Co-operative Education 523 without the permission of the business school. Permission is only granted in very exceptional circumstances. Refer to Work-Integrated Learning section 3.4 Withdrawal Policies for more information.
4. Students are permitted to work a maximum of one Summer (Spring/Summer Intersession) work term, the second work term must take place in the Fall or Winter Term.
5. Sequencing of work terms with academic terms is a flexible process which depends upon the availability of work terms, length of work terms (four or eight months) and the student's academic requirements. However, students must end their Co-operative Education program with an academic term consisting of a minimum of nine units.
6. Once the academic requirements of the BComm degree have been met, students are no longer eligible to participate in the Co-operative Education program.
7. Students taking a vacation or a leave during their work term must inform Haskayne Undergraduate Student Services. Students must work a minimum of 13 weeks, not including vacation or a leave.
8. While on a four-month work term, students may take one evening or weekend academic course.