Deferred examinations are allowed in the following circumstances: debilitating illness, severe domestic affliction, religious conviction or absence due to a faculty-approved activity. Students who have three final examinations within 24 hours are permitted to request that one examination be deferred to the deferred examination period.
The authority to grant or deny a deferred final examination rests with the Dean of the Faculty in which the student is registered. Information on how to request a Deferred Final Examination is available from the Office of the Registrar at ucalgary.ca/registrar.
Deferred final examinations will not be granted if a student:
- Misses a final exam without just cause.
- Personal scheduling conflicts (e.g., travel during the final examination period).
- Misreads the exam schedule.
- Submits a final exam for marking.
- Completes less than 50 per cent of the graded work in a course as determined by the instructor of record.