Deferred examinations are allowed in the following circumstances: debilitating illness, severe domestic affliction, religious conviction or absence due to a faculty-approved activity. Students who have three final examinations within 24 hours are permitted to request that one examination be deferred to the deferred examination period.
The authority to grant or deny a deferred final examination rests with the Dean (or designate) of the Faculty in which the course is offered. The Application for a Deferred Final Examination is available from ucalgary.ca/registrar which outlines the application process.
Deferred final examinations will not be granted if a student:
- Misses a final exam without just cause
- Books travel during a scheduled exam time
- Misreads the exam schedule
- Submits a final exam for marking
- Completes less than half of the assigned work in a course