Site Navigation
Important Notice and Disclaimer
Academic Schedule
Types of Credentials and Sub-Degree Nomenclature
Undergraduate Degrees with a Major
Combined Degrees
Minor Programs
Student and Campus Services
Academic Regulations
B. Registration
C. Open Studies Registration, Registration Standing and Appeals
D. Change of Faculty or Program
E. Course Information
F. Academic Standing
F.1 Grading System and Transcripts
F.2 Symbols
F.3 Academic Notations
F.4 Grade Point Average
F.5 Transcripts
G. Academic Assessments and Examinations
H. Graduation
I. Reappraisal of Graded Term Work and Academic Assessments (final grades)
J. Student Appeals to the University Appeals Committee and University Appeals Tribunal
K. Integrity and Conduct
L. Free Expression
M. Additional Regulations
N. Student Communication and Responsibilities
Experiential Learning
Tuition and General Fees
Student Financial Support
Architecture, Planning and Landscape, School of
Faculty of Arts
Cumming School of Medicine
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Haskayne School of Business
Faculty of Kinesiology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Nursing
Qatar Faculty
Schulich School of Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Werklund School of Education
Embedded Certificates
Continuing Education
About the University of Calgary
Glossary of Terms
Contact Us
University of Calgary Calendar 2023-2024 Academic Regulations F. Academic Standing F.5 Transcripts
F.5 Transcripts

An official transcript is a complete and unabridged record of a student’s academic history at the University of Calgary. Official transcripts bear the University seal and signature of the Registrar. Official transcripts may be sent directly to an institution or provided to the student, either by mail in sealed envelopes or in-person. Transcripts will not be released without authorized consent from the student.

A transcript will not be issued if the student has any outstanding financial obligations at the University. In some instances transcripts may be withheld until a future date, such as a pending appeal.

Students may request copies of their official transcripts through their Student Centre, in-person at Enrolment Services, or by submitting the Transcript Request form. Courier delivery options are available for a fee. For more information visit:

A Course and Credit report (unofficial transcript) detailing courses attempted and credits earned is available to students through their Student Centre. These transcripts do not bear the University seal or the signature of the Registrar. This report should not be used when an official transcript is required.