- Biomedical Engineering 509**, 515**, 585
- Electrical Engineering 503, 525, 563, 591, 592, 594, 599
- Computer Engineering 501, 509, 515, 517
- Computer Science 411, 453, 457, 481, 525, 526, 550, 559, 583
- Software Engineering 499, 501, 513, 515, 523, 541, 550
- Software Engineering for Engineers 519*, 545
*A maximum of three Software Engineering for Engineers 519 courses can be selected as technical electives.
**A maximum of one of Biomedical Engineering 509 or Biomedical Engineering 515 can be selected as technical electives.
1. Selection of a course not on this list requires department approval. Elective courses are offered, in any calendar year, at the discretion of the department.
2. Computer Science 471, Data Base Management Systems, may be used as a technical elective only by students whose program did not include Computer Science 471 as a required course. Students may not take Computer Science 471 as a technical elective if they have already completed Software Engineering for Engineers 519.31.
3. All technical elective courses have similar workloads even though the hours in the timetable are variable. One 500-level or high course from either the Faculty of Science or the Schulich School of Engineering may be approved by the Associate Head or by the Program Director as a technical elective. Optional undergraduate courses and all graduate courses are offered, in any calendar year, at the discretion of the department.