The program requirements listed below assume that students admitted to Energy Engineering have been granted transfer credit for Communications Studies 363, Mathematics 275, and 21 units of Engineering Science coursework based on their prior studies. Students admitted without one or more of these transfer credits will be required to complete the corresponding course(s) in addition to the requirements shown below.
- Engineering 204, 212, 311, 3491, 501, 502
- Energy Engineering 200, 260, 300, 3301, 360, 400, 425, 480, 560, 570
- Energy and Environment, Engineering 355, 503, 575
- Mathematics 209, 3311
- Chemical Engineering 4071
- Digital Engineering 319, 4401
- Mechanical Engineering 471
- 6 units of Energy Engineering Technical Electives2
- 6 units of Energy Science Option2
1Required for students entering the Energy Engineering program in Spring 2021 or later.
2Students who entered the Energy Engineering program in Spring 2020 or earlier must complete 3 units of Energy Engineering Technical Electives, 3 units of Energy Science Option, and 3 units of general Science Option.
Note: Students admitted to the Energy Engineering program in Spring 2020 or earlier must complete Energy Engineering 240, 340, and 460, as well as Petroleum Engineering 523 and 533 (or appropriate substitute courses subject to the approval of the Energy Engineering program director).