- Be registered as full-time students,
- Be registered in a faculty/department offering Co-operative Education/Internship programs,
- Meet faculty/department GPA and course entrance requirements (Consult the appropriate faculty sections of this Calendar),
- Complete the Career Development Workshop or equivalent.
Note: Students entering the Haskayne School of Business are required to complete a Co-op Orientation and workshops in lieu of the Career Development Workshop.
Students applying to Co-operative Education/Internship should also be aware of the following:
1. Students must be legally permitted to work in Canada. International students must obtain a Co-op Work Permit to be eligible for work placements.
2. Students who are registered in combined degree programs can be eligible for Co-operative Education/Internship programs if one of the majors is in a faculty or department in which a Co-operative Education/Internship program is offered.
3. Students may be required to attend a personal interview with Co-operative Education/Internship and/or the faculty to decide admissibility.
4. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to a Co-operative Education/Internship program on academic or other grounds.
5. Transfer students from other universities will be considered for admission to the Co-operative Education/Internship program. Please refer to the application deadlines for the Co-operative Education/Internship program. Transfer students applying to the Haskayne School of Business apply to the Co-operative Education/Internship program by May 1st of the year they are applying to the Haskayne School of Business. All transfer students should complete one academic session at the University of Calgary prior to a work term.