Site Navigation
Important Notice and Disclaimer
Academic Schedule
Types of Credentials and Sub-Degree Nomenclature
Undergraduate Degrees with a Major
Combined Degrees
Minor Programs
Student and Campus Services
Academic Regulations
B. Registration
B.1 Student Accommodation
B.2 Registration Procedures
B.2.1 Residency Requirements
B.3 Withholds
B.4 Schedule of Classes
B.5 Course Enrolment Limitations
B.6 Block Week Courses
B.7 Part-Time Students
B.8 Graduate Level Courses
B.9 Repeating Courses
B.10 Faculty Approval of Course Selections
B.11 Course Load
B.12 Student Responsibility
B.13 Changes of Courses or Course Sections
B.14 Withdrawal from Courses and Withdrawal from the Term
B.15 Payment of Fees or Notification of Financial Assistance
B.16 Fee Refund
B.17 Change of Personal Information
B.18 Changes in Regulations
B.19. Open Studies Registration, Registration Standing and Appeals
B.20 Registration Exemption Requests
C. Mathematics Competency Equivalents
D. Change of Faculty or Program
E. Course Information
F. Academic Standing
G. Examinations and Tests
H. Graduation
I. Reappraisal of Grades
J. Non-Disciplinary Academic Appeals
K. Statement on Principles of Conduct
L. Integrity in Scholarly Activity
M. Sexual Harassment
N. Additional Regulations
O. Student Communication and Responsibilities
Co-operative Education/Internship
Tuition and General Fees
Awards and Financial Assistance
International Foundations Program
Faculty of Arts
Cumming School of Medicine
Faculty of Environmental Design
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Haskayne School of Business
Faculty of Kinesiology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Nursing
Qatar Faculty
Schulich School of Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Werklund School of Education
Embedded Certificates
Continuing Education
About the University of Calgary
Who's Who
Glossary of Terms
Contact Us
University of Calgary Calendar 2018-2019 Academic Regulations B. Registration B.2 Registration Procedures B.2.1 Residency Requirements
B.2.1 Residency Requirements

University of Calgary bachelor degrees require that a minimum of 60 units be completed with courses offered by the University of Calgary. The exception is the Bachelor of Social Work, which requires a minimum of 30 units.

Students who wish to complete a second degree should consult with their Faculty to determine which units may apply from the first degree toward the second degree. Typically, second degrees require a minimum of 60 additional units.

University of Calgary undergraduate students who wish to take courses at another post-secondary institution must obtain approval (letter of permission) prior to registering in a course(s). Information regarding Letters of Permission is available at Most students can apply for a Letter of Permission through their Student Centre at The exception is students in the Bachelor of Health Science (BHSc). BHSc students must contact their program office for information about letters of permission.

University of Calgary graduate students who wish to take courses at another post-secondary institution must consult with the Faculty of Graduate Studies and obtain approval prior to registering in a course(s). Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.