Students may submit a request for the following exemptions from the registration regulations:
- Requests for a late withdraw (W) from a course(s), provided a student has not attempted the final examination/assessment.
- Requests must normally be submitted within 30 calendar days of the last day of the term in which the course was taken or in exceptional circumstances up to one year from the start date of the course.
- Requests for a late add/drop/swap for a course.
- These requests will be granted only in exceptional circumstances. A student must outline the exceptional circumstances for the request and provide supporting documentation. In the case of a late add/swap, a student must also provide written support from the Dean, or designate, of the Faculty offering the course.
- Requests to exceed the number of units permitted as an Open Studies students.
- Requests must be submitted at least 30 calendar days prior to the start of the term in which a student wishes to take additional courses.
Requests and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar for decision at email@example.com within the timelines noted above, if any.
Decisions will be provided within 30 calendar days and will be sent by email to the student’s UCalgary email account.
Should a student wish to appeal a decision of the Registration Exemption Committee, they may do so within 15 calendar days of date of the communication providing the decision. Appeals will only be considered on procedural grounds or based on new information that was not available at the time of the original request. Appeals must be submitted to the Vice-Provost (Student Experience) for decision at firstname.lastname@example.org. The decision of the Vice-Provost (Student Experience) is final.