A. FACULTY OF ARTS REQUIREMENTS
Students must adhere to the applicable Faculty of Arts requirements in 3.4 Graduation.
B. MAJOR-FIELD REQUIREMENTS
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 48 units (8.0 full-course equivalents) and a maximum of 60 units (10.0 full-course equivalents) in the Field of German while fulfilling the following requirements:
German Options: An additional 39 units (6.5 full-course equivalents) from the Field of German.
C. DEGREE OPTIONS
The BA in German can be taken with Co-operative Education. See section 3.4.4 Co-operative Education Programs for information and requirements.
- Students with no knowledge of German should begin with German 202.
- Students with German 30 should begin with German 331.
- Students who have some German but do not have German 30 must consult with the German Undergraduate Advisor to determine placement.
- German 357 and 359 are delivered in English and may be repeated for credit. However, a maximum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) of German 357 and/or 359 may be credited towards the major field requirements.
- A maximum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) from German Studies in a different discipline, subject to approval by the School, may be credited towards the major field requirements.