Language Placement information see 4.35 Placement in Language Courses.
A. FACULTY OF ARTS REQUIREMENTS
Students must adhere to the applicable Faculty of Arts requirements in 3.3.1 Major Degree Programs.
B. MAJOR-FIELD REQUIREMENTS
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 42 units to a maximum of 60 units in Courses Constituting the Field of Italian Studies while fulfilling the following requirements:
1. 200-Level Courses: 6 units Italian 201 and 203.
2. 300-Level Courses: 12 units
- Italian 301 and 303
- 6 additional units in courses labelled Italian (ITAL)
3. 400-Level Courses: 6 units in courses labelled Italian (ITAL).
4. 500-Level Courses: 6 units in courses labelled Italian (ITAL).
5. Italian Studies Options: 12 units from Courses Constituting the Field of Italian Studies, with a maximum of 6 units of Romance Studies, a maximum of 6 units from the Contextual Courses in the field of Italian Studies, and a maximum of 9 units from courses labelled Language (LANG).
Students can count any particular topics course only twice (for a maximum total of 6 units) towards fulfillment of their major field requirements.
C. DEGREE OPTIONS
The BA in Italian Studies can be taken with Co-operative Education. See section 3.3.8 Co-operative Education Programs for information and requirements.