A. FACULTY OF ARTS REQUIREMENTS FOR COMBINED DEGREES
Students must adhere to the applicable Faculty of Arts requirements in 3.3.1 Major Degree Programs except that students are exempt from the requirement to take 6 units from the Faculty of Science.
The combined BKin (Kinesiology)/BA (Dance) requires at least 150 units and the successful completion of both degree requirements as outlined below. A maximum of 60 units may be at the junior level.
B. BA DANCE REQUIREMENTS
The BFA in Dance requires the successful completion of a minimum of48 units to a maximum of 60 units in Courses Constituting the Field of Dance while fulfilling the following requirements:
1. Core Courses 33 units
- Dance 207, 209, 231, 235, 305, 307, 331, 333, 347, 363, 481
2. 3 units from the following:
3. 12 units from the following:
- Dance 311 or 313, 321, 391, 395, 405, 427, 431, 447, 449, 491, 493, 503, 581
C. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 3 units School of Creative and Performing Arts 499
- 3 units from courses labelled Art (ART), Art History (ARHI), Drama (DRAM), Film (FILM), Music (MUSI), Music Education (MUED), Music Performance (MUPF), or School of Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA)
Note: Dance 481 is not offered every year. This course is required without exception. Students must arrange their schedule to accommodate the alternating timetable.
D. BKin (KINESIOLOGY) PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Refer to 4.2.7 Combined BKin (Kinesiology)/BA (Dance) in the Faculty of Kinesiology section of this Calendar.
Note: The program requires careful selection of courses to complete all of the requirements of the two Faculties. When choosing their courses, students are urged to work closely with advisors in the Student Programs Office of Kinesiology, the Faculty of Arts program advisors located in the Arts Students' Centre and the Undergraduate Program Administrator for Dance.